Smiles and licks. Here is an editorial portrait of Andre Charoo at the Yerba Buena Gardens shot in downtown San Francisco for Past & Present Magazine, the alumni magazine of Crescent School (Toronto). For this gig the BTS shot was planned ahead of time and become the cover shot.
Five of my favorite things about this shoot include:
- The decision by the art director to combine the plain photo background and equipment with the SF cityscape.
- Luck. Getting permission to shoot at Yerba Buena Gardens was much easier than I would have guessed.
- The test shot with Lorenzo. I dig it as much as the final image.
- No noise. By starting at 7am there was hardly any foot traffic to compete with during the shoot.
- Bruno. God bless that little dog.